Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Odds and Ends

So this post is going to address some changes to the blog and some other noteworthy events this week.

1) As I'm sure you might have heard, Wilco streamed their upcoming release Sky Blue Sky this weekend, and I had a change to listen to it. The album isn't due out until May 15th, so I'm hesitant to fully talk about the album right now, so I'm gonna wait. What I am going to tell you is that it's more of the same from them--and that's a damn good thing. More great solos, more great Jeff Tweedy vocals, more jangly guitars, more pumping basslines, more awesomeness. Believe the hype....Some of the tracks have been leaked on the net, and one has been provided by Wilco's official website...Make sure to pre-order when the option becomes available.
Listen to "What Light" (4/5).
Listen to "Impossible Germany" (4.8/5)

2) If I'm ever going to have a party, I am definitely inviting this guy: It's just like a mini mall.

3) Notice some changes on the left. I've included some upcoming chicago shows via chicago.tourfilter.com. It's by no means comprehensive..the website is not so good as it relies on the user (me) to put down all the artists that I like, and I just haven't been on top of it as much [thanks to Chris for this correction]. However, if I haven't already told you, check out iConcertCal. It's [expletive] awesome, and you'll never miss a show, because it works with the artists in your iTunes as opposed to a 3rd party source.
Also take notice of the link to my last.fm so you can really see what I'm listening to now (Impossible Germany actually). Kinda creepy but fun.

4) Also be sure to check out: I Find Art in Gibberish. A fan of the CSV is a friend of the CSV, so be sure to read his weblog.

And with that, toodles. Wish me luck with finals--Organic Chemistry's got nothing on me.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

hi chris from tourfilter here - just a note that iconcertcal uses tourfilter feeds (along with jambase and a few others) ... tourfilter works by searching some 1300 club websites nightly for shows by some 17000 bands, so we don't rely on users to find individual shows for us, if that distinction makes sense. We currently track around 6000 shows in 24 cities. please let us know if there is a specific show that's missing and we'll look into it as a bug. thanks!

4:40 PM  
Blogger Benji said...

you're right chris. Actually, what I meant by user submissions is that it requires the user to submit the artists and bands he wants to track. Now, this can be a problem because I get lazy and don't want to enter in all my favorite artists. Even those that I do don't always show up on tourfilter (Willy Mason, for instance).
Also, perhaps you should think about adding a feature that allows iTunes users to import a list of artists from their library, and then tourfilter will track all the artists there.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home