Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Getting Ready for Next Sunday

Today officially marks one week until my beloved Chicago Bears play in Super Bowl XLI (That's 41 for all you Romaphobes). So, I wanted to make sure I made a post before all the hoopla begins.
I've compiled a few "Sunday Songs" that I feel are quite applicable to next week's game. So get out the chips and salsa and begin.

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" - U2
Now I don't expect it to be bloody Sunday, but you have to admit that this is one of the greatest anthems of our time. "It's not a rebel song, it's a U2 song," Bono used to say about "Sunday Bloody Sunday", but there are very few things that can get me as excited as when I'm blasting this song.

"Sunday Morning" - K-0s
You probably know by now that I love K-os, and you might know that ESPN Sunday NFL Countdown adopted this song as one of their intro songs, but you may not have paid attention to the lyrics. "Everyday is Saturday Night, but I can't wait 'till Sunday Morning", K-os laments on this incredibly catchy song. That's how I think the whole city of Chicago is going to feel next Saturday Night, as Bear Nation gets ready for some real nice Super Bowl action.

"Any Given Sunday" - Jamie Foxx
This guy just doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most talented acts out right now. Jamie Foxx reminds us that anything can happen on any given Sunday. Even though the Bears aren't favored, I still believe they can pull it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home