Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Pieces of the Songs I Love


I've got finals this week, so this may be the one post I do this week. But that's okay, because I've got a sweet band for ya'll to whom to listen.

I recently bought the new album out from The Rapture, Pieces of the People We Love. Let me just say that I'm not typically into the borderline-punk genre (if that is one), but there's something about this album that just fascinates me. It's a little less punk than on previous albums by the band, and a lot more booty-shakin', head-bobbin', dirty fun. It's definitely more accessible than their other albums, and perhaps that's why I like it. Some might call it just selling out, but The Rapture still manages to keep an "anti-establishment" attitude throughout the album.

I wouldn't say that all the tracks are that strong, but the album has enough intrigue to it to make it-dare I say it-sweeeeet. "Down For So Long" carries this disco, reggae-type riff that I still can't get out of my head, while "Pieces of The People We Love" has got one of those pulsing drum rhythms that explodes into 'Na-Na-Na's and features fantastic lyrics like, "Everybody's got a piece of somebody they hide." That's intense.

This may not be that clean, but it sure as hell is good fun.

Buy the album.

Listen to "Down For So Long" (4.25/5)
Listen to "Pieces of the People We Love" (4.5/5)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home