Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Monday, November 13, 2006

CSVMAD on Best Week Ever/Denison Witmer

Yep. We here at CSVMAD are finally getting some mainstream recognition, as seen by the reference to CSVMAD by VH1's Best Week Ever website. I still think the last two The Strokes' albums are pretty much shit.
But hey, if it means getting more traffic, that's fine by me.

What I'd really like to post about though is the Philadelphia songwriter Denison Witmer. I'm sure I'll have a more extensive post about him later on, but I chanced upon something the other day that I've been waiting to tell you all about. So Denison Witmer is an awesome guy. Friend of Sufjan-and hence, friend of CSVMAD-Witmer has got the folky sound of The Weepies with the diary-like lyrical quality.
Sometimes comforting, sometimes haunting, sometimes inspiring, and sometimes nostalgia-inducing, Witmer manages to bring together that indie-folk-singer-songwriter mix that seems to be my siren song. You should definitely check out his albums here, especially Are You a Dreamer?. But what I'd really like to turn you to is an awesome charity that Witmer is doing.
WAIT! Keep reading! For his 30th birthday, Denison Witmer decided to give his fans 33 free acoustic tracks. What's the catch? How about donating to worthy causes?

Anyway, Witmer is awesome, and I have yet to download and listen to all the tracks. Check it out here: Happy Birthday Denison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home