Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Monday, October 23, 2006

1000!

Deering Library, Northwestern University at 7:30 AM.

One thousand. A one followed by three zeroes. That's right. The landmark (albeit incredibly small) for this blog. I feel slightly foolish in being proud of the fact that 1,000 people have visited this site, but I'll take what I can get. And if I can convince just a few people to listen to a great band or singer, it's certainly worth it.
In honor of this milestone, I have made a mix-one song for every 100 people that have visited. The playlist can be downloaded here.

So what the heck is on CSVMAD-Volume 1? I thought you'd never ask.
1. Kings of Convenience - I'd Rather Dance With You (from Riot on an Empty Street)
Props to my friend Kate for this one.
2. Coldplay - Sleeping Sun (from Talk-EP)
3. Feist-That's What I Say, That's Not What I Mean (from Monarch)
4. Robbie Williams - The 80's (from Rudebox)
5. Snowglobe - Happy (from Oxytocin)
6. The God Damn Doo Wop Band - Talk Too Much (from Broken Hearts)
7. Belle & Sebastian - Song for Sunshine (from The Life Pursuit)
8. Ursula 1000 - Let's Go to a Disco (Here Comes Tomorrow)
9. Chicago - Beginnings (from The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning)
10. Devendra Banhart - Long Haired Child (from Cripple Crow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home