Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
"Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream" has moved to a new and better place where unicorns roam free and the layout is much slicker! CLICK HERE to redirect to the new site. Please update your links and bookmarks. If you are looking for a specific post, check the new website!!

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream

Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream will serve as a blog for me to share my thoughts and musings, with a special emphasis on music. The music that will appear in this blog is for evaluation/sampling purposes only, and is designed to promote up and coming bands. Remember, if you like the artist(s), buy the CD! If you are the owner of a sound file and would like it removed, please contact us and we will kindly take it down.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The 5 Worst Ryan Adams Songs

I wanted to do this post as the resident ryanadamsaholic here at CSV to prove that (1) I'm not disillusioned and am still fit to make discerning musical judgments, and (2) Ryan Adams, or let's just say The Label, has made a few bad musical decisions.

5. "Tennessee Sucks" - Tennessee may suck "in the summer," but this tune off Demolition sucks any season. I know a lot of people like this song--at the last RA show I went to the guy behind me kept saying, "Boy, I sure hope he plays 'Tennessee Sucks'"! Good for me, bad for that guy, the song was not played. I will say, however, that this live version aint too bad. .

4. "Enemy Fire" - Despite a great guitar solo at the end of this song, the first three minutes are so bad you can never get to it without skipping ahead. This song has drunken mistake written all over it and could probably be used as enemy fire by playing it over and over.

3. "The Sadness" - This song is just too long--it would certainly work as background music in a Clint Eastwood western movie, but I almost always skip over it when I listen to 29.

2. "Nuclear" - This song is plagued by unoriginal writing, both musically and lyrically. Perhaps the lyrics are just too deep for me to understand--all I pick up on is something about buring Porches and the Yankees losing to the Braves. It is nice the Yankees lost, though.

1. "1974" - This is hands down my least favorite Adams song, complete with a dreadfully uncreative chorus. On the bright side, we will never forget the "[year] he was born."

I had a hard time writing this post, mostly because any less than stellar RA songs are easily overshadowed by his exhaustive library of alt-country classics. On that note, keep checking back this week for more RA features leading up to the June 26th release of Easy Tiger.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You need to clean the shit out of your hears and your head. If Ryan only has 5 bad songs out of all the stuff he's written, what other song writer can claim that. I would disagree with the songs you have chosen as well, but who cares nobody can write great songs all the time. Why even say something negative about one of the only true musical artist of the last 10 years? Do you like him or not?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home